This blog is brought to you by...

My photo
June is an artist, writer, speaker and advocate for self-empowerment. In 1999, illness overcame her life. During her unwavering search for physical wellness, she stumbled upon the subject of emotional wellness. This discovery led her down a path of self-empowerment for which she will always be grateful. It opened the doorway to her heart. As a result, she has spent a great deal of the past fourteen years focusing on personal growth and self-help. June’s mission is to share what she has learned with other people to support them on their wondrous and sometimes rocky journey. She conducts workshops, writes and paints to share her passion and wisdom with her fellow advocates for self-empowerment.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More on Fear

Well...I think that I need to write a bit more about fear. It is a subject that I happen to know a great deal about. Too bad it isn't something like gourmet cooking or the structure of atomic particles...nope, fear. When you encounter something on a daily basis, you can't help but become an expert of some sorts. The irony is that you may not even know that you are becoming such an expert. You can live for decades and be unaware that you are extraordinarily skilled at living in fear. I was one such expert for many years. Now, however, I am an expert at letting go of fear.

Believe me, I had plenty of fears to work with to develop my skills and strategies. I became very creative because there was soooo much to work with...I say this in jest but it is true. It became a special mission of mine: Let go of fear! I spent every day looking at what was motivating me and shifted gears each time that I realized that fear was involved. It was quite the exhausting process at times and I cursed myself on more than one occasion for deciding that fear should be eliminated from my life.

Over time, it became easier to do and I felt better all the time. Fear became less overwhelming and diminished. I am grateful for all the times that I worked hard to feel better about life. I am even more grateful that love rises now instead of fear. I am not a love expert yet, but I think that I will be someday. I like the sound of that much better anyway.

So hang in there and keep letting it go...it will go if you keep at it. I promise and you won't be disappointed.

No comments: