This blog is brought to you by...

My photo
June is an artist, writer, speaker and advocate for self-empowerment. In 1999, illness overcame her life. During her unwavering search for physical wellness, she stumbled upon the subject of emotional wellness. This discovery led her down a path of self-empowerment for which she will always be grateful. It opened the doorway to her heart. As a result, she has spent a great deal of the past fourteen years focusing on personal growth and self-help. June’s mission is to share what she has learned with other people to support them on their wondrous and sometimes rocky journey. She conducts workshops, writes and paints to share her passion and wisdom with her fellow advocates for self-empowerment.

Monday, January 23, 2012

The Fearful Child in Us

Today I saw another side of my fear. A new perspective and it was rather interesting. While I was in bed some fearful thoughts rose in my mind. They were of course irrational and of no value. Since my day begins with writing in my journal, the subject of my writing was my fear. My morning journaling routine allows me to make space for healing and gives me the opportunity to feel my connection with God.  Now, I first would like to say that I have been acknowledging fear for over a decade, and I have become an expert at letting it go. This morning I perceived something a bit different and it helped me get a handle on something that has been lingering and annoying me from time to time.

My fear seemed childlike. I looked at it in that manner...as the fear of an innocent child. Children fear some pretty harmless things as you know. Then when a loved one such as mommy, daddy, an aunt or someone wiser than the child sits the frightened child down and explains why they shouldn't be afraid, the child then begins to feel safe. Rather than feeling fear, the child develops an understanding that they previous did not have and their fear quite naturally becomes powerless.

Sometimes our fears are just that...a portion of a memory, a fearful feeling that just needs to be seen as the residue of times long gone and forgotten. Next time you are having difficulty with a fear, ask yourself if this is the case. If so, acknowledge it as such and let it forever fade.

No comments: