Give yourself permission to be better than you imagine yourself to be.
Yes, it may seem like a strange concept, but it is a very effective one. I have done it several times this week with great results.
It helps on multiple levels. First of all, we have a tendency to limit ourselves. We think that we are not capable of many things...many, many things. Secondly, we have fears and you understand how limiting they can be. Thirdly, we have neglected to see how truly wonderful we are and acknowledge the gifts and strengths that we possess.
With this in mind, think about a situation that is giving you some difficulties this week.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- When I look at this situation, how am I limiting myself?
- Do I think that I am not able to move through this situation because I am limiting what I can do to move forward?
- Is fear limiting my perceptions and misleading me?
- What gifts do I have that will enable me to make this better than I imagine?
- What strengths do I have that will change what I perceive?
The truth is that we limit ourselves. We unknowingly set low standards for ourselves, but deep inside we know that we can do much more. Sometimes this is the very reason for our distress.
Develope a renewed perspective and eliminate some of your distress...
- Think bigger! Much BIGGER!
- Understand that you deserve better.
- Give yourself permission to be better than you imagine yourself to be.
Lastly, write a note to yourself and give yourself permission to do your best and more; feel amazing about your gifts and strengths.
Thought for the week:
I give myself permission to be the best that I can be, to be greater than I imagine myself to be.